Saturday, August 6, 2011

Picnic Blanket






Sorry about being absent for a while. Life always seems to get in the way! The important this is we have been having lots of fun this summer! One thing we have been using a lot of is this picnic blanket I made. I wasn't planning on making one but I came across this flannel backed vinyl at my local fabric shop on super-duper clearance. It was $1/yard! I picked up 2 yards not knowing what I would use it for. It was just too cute to pass up!

I had some brown fleece in my stash and thought that would make a great picnic blanket! I cut the fleece to be about 1 1/2" shorter on each side (3" total).


I also gave the blanket a mitered corner. It just gave it a cleaner look.


But how to assemble with out using pins??????????? I came up with clips from an office supply store!

The clips kept it in place and didn't put excess hole in the vinyl. I also added some fleece wrapped elastic to hold the blanket together when wrapped up.


So here's the final product:

Perfect to keep in the car for that impromptu picnic!

Thanks for looking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment