Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Forever Search



So I guess that everybody has an item that they are on a constant search for the "perfect" one. Or at least I'd like to think so. That way I'm not completely nuts!

Weather it's just the right wallet, or pair of jeans, or the perfect pillow! There is something! For me it's the perfect purse. Something that fulfills all my needs. For me it's been a backpack. It keeps my hands free (to chase after the little one) and they usually are a nice size (big enough to throw the occasional diaper or sippy cup in). Over the past few years I haven't seen what I'm looking for. I guess they just aren't in "fashion" anymore. I'm not a fashionista! I'm practical!

So I had enough! I decided to make my own! Here it is!

I patterned it after a dollar store back pack I found. I added a zippered pouch on the front. There are a couple different pockets and such on the inside but can't show you those. The minute I finished it I put all my necessities (AKA crap!) in it and you DO NOT need to see that! I love it! I used a quilted reversible fabric that I had in my stash. I just had to pick up a couple zippers. The inside is white with black polka dots.

I think a matching pouch/coin purse might be in my future! We'll see how motivated I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment