Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Little Crabby


Every year my sister and brother-in-law throw a Crab Fest. I say that loosely as this was just the second (I hope of many) attempt at this shindig. Anyway, my BIL is a HUGE crab guy. Loves them. Like totally focused, don't talk to him while he's picking crab, guy. Needless to say, they are totally into it. It's a lot of fun! All the crab paraphernalia comes out! From the flags to the table covers to the salt & pepper shakers! So I thought this year it would be fun to make a little shirt for the little one to wear to her Auntie's party. So here we go:

1 dollar store youth shirt $1.00
1 iron on crab (clearance rack!) .50c

Total investment = $1.50


Since the shirt was a youth medium, it was a little big for my 2 year old. So I rolled the sleeves up a couple times and tacked them. Then I shirred about 5 rows to kinda make it fitted a little. I ironed on the crab and washed it!

As you can see by the photo, the shirt was quite fitting for the "tude" that was going on at that particular moment. I was happy with it even if she wasn't! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! The little one loved her shirt... she told her Auntie :)

    ReplyDelete