Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dresser Redo






I'm not sure if I have admitted this before but I LOVE to refinish furniture! I guess it's the Norwegian in me. I just truly enjoy putting the life back into an old piece. There is one problem with having a love like this..................................................................I'm running out of space to store these items!

I had the opportunity to pick up a 3 drawer dresser that someone was going to throw away. I just couldn't let it go! There was still life let in this dresser. Here is what it looked like:

The drawer pulls looked like this:


Nothing special. I wanted this to be a quick project so instead of finding new drawer pulls I just spray painted them with silver paint.


And with a good sanding and a couple of coats of black paint....................

It has beautiful detail above the top drawer that was missed when it was natural but really pops when it's painted black.

I'm really pleased how this quick project turned out!

1 comment: